We get these questions a lot – Do I need video marketing? Why do I need video marketing? Here are 5 reasons we think video marketing is important ESPECIALLY in 2018. We have several clients at Ensemble Group that have definitely benefited from having a well-produced video. A video is something we highly recommend for reasons mentioned in this video.
Before we jump into it, there’s a number I want to share with you (according to a Cisco Survey). Video will make up 80% of all online traffic by 2021. That’s only about 3 years away. So, you either get on board with video marketing or get left behind.
Here we go – 5 Reasons Your business needs Video Marketing in 2018
Every business has a story and you need to tell yours. If you think your story is boring and no one would care, you are mistaken. The right video can tell your story in a great way that connects with the audience. When you connect with your audience the right way, you break down this wall they might have of whether or not they should do business with you. They kind of feel like they know you after watching a video and are way more inclined to do business with you.
2. Watchers Retain More Information
Studies showed that viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. Personally, I know I retain way more information myself when I am watching something instead of reading a bunch of words.
3. Great for websites
I already mentioned how important it is to tell your story, so if you’re doing that with a video, it definitely needs to be on your website.
An average user will spend 88% more time on a website with video. If they enjoyed what they watched, it gives them a reason to stick around and view more of your website.
4. Boost Page Rankings
Your website will more than likely rank higher in google search results for many different reason that are far too detailed to get into right now – but just know, it helps. Google is also showing way more video in search results than ever before and this is only going to increase over time. You find a lot of YouTube videos in search results now. Remember, Google owns Youtube. So, if you haven’t already, you definitely need to start a youtube channel relevant to your industry and expertise.
5. Numbers Don’t Lie
It’s true, numbers do not lie. So here are a few numbers and stats to think about.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more than likely to choose video.
- 4 in 5 customers consider video content when researching a purchase decision
Let’s talk about Facebook for a second. It the largest social media platform on the planet.
- Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day
- Facebook is rated as the most impactful social channel for video 8.4X higher than any other social media
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
- A Facebook video receives, on average, 135% more organic reach than a Facebook photo
- Companies which use videos in their marketing grow revenue 49% faster year on year than those which don’t.
So there you have it – 5 Reasons Your Business Needs Video Marketing in 2018. There’s definitely more than 5 reasons out there, but hopefully one of these 5 will convince you to jump on board if you aren’t already.
If you have any questions or interested in starting a project with us, just reach out to us on our website or give us a call – you can find those details on our contact page here.